|Boolean Search Introduction|
|Home Species's List Interactive Eectronic Keys|
This page we provide two options for boolean searches (functional for Windows, Macintosh and Unix clients). The Digital Florula search engine must download 1 MB of search parameters (taxonomic categories, morphological traits, natural history information, etc. and their default values) to effect searches. To initiate the search engine more rapidly, it is possible to download these search parameters (bundled with an .html file that launches the search engine) and store them on your system so that they do not have to be downloaded each time the search engine runs.
- Download the compressed search engine launch page and parameters to your hard drive for more rapid access.
- Access search engine directly from our server via the internet. This option can take 3 minutes to load with a 56kb communication rate.
- Windows: Download the compressed search engine launch page for your browser. Then decompress the .zip file and create a shortcut on your desktop.
- Macintosh: Download the search engine launch page, decompress the .sit file in the folder of your preference and then create an alias in your desktop.
- Unix: Download the compressed search engine launch page to your system and decompress the .zip file with Pkzip ver. 2.5 or better. Then, using Netscape for Unix, find the path to the launch page via the File, Open menu and access the page.